New to Bridge?
“The only way to learn bridge is to play bridge”
–Bronia Jenkins, ACBL Executive Diector
What is Bridge?
Bridge is a card game for 4 players (two partnerships)
- Taking turns, say the number of tricks you think you will take and what you want the “trump” suit to be. This is called bidding, and bidding ends when everyone has passed. The last bid made is the winning bid.
- Each person plays one card, and the highest card wins unless a card from the trump suit is played. Then the highest trump wins. This is called a trick.
- During the trick, you must play the same suit as the first card that is played; if you have none in that suit, you can play a card from the trump suit or any other suit.
- The winner of the trick plays the first card for the next trick.
- If the pair that won the bidding got the number of tricks they said they would, they win the hand. If they don’t, the other pair wins the hand.
You can read the detailed rules here
For new players, try the Tricky Bridge app.
If you already know the rules, try the Bridge Master lessons.